Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blog Entry #5

Reflecting back on the semester so far, it has been unexpectedly pretty interesting. To begin with, I wasn't aware that this course was based on poetry, i was expecting many books and essays. However, I love poetry and I'm intrigued by this class. I've learned how to break poems down line by line and connotate symbols. I've learned that any interpretation of a poem is not wrong, as long as you can heavily back up your claim with symbols and details from the poem itself. I've also learned about the many different types of archetypes. It's interesting how one big picture can evolve into a million other things, define many characteristics and lead to reasons that explain why someone is the way they are and the things they do. I'm looking forward to the rest of this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment